Sunday, April 21, 2013

Making a Silhouette

I'm back at it with a Pinterest craft idea (original Source here). I would consider this one half success and half failure.

I decided to make a silhouette of Nicholas. Getting a picture to use was a challenge but I finally caught one and printed it. I bought the canvas, paint and brushes at Dollarama which is a huge money saver


The major problem was that I did 3 coats of blue paint and it made the picture stick to the point that paper bits were stuck. I would recommend doing two light coats and then peeling the picture off and doing any necessary touch ups. 

I am considering this craft a "look from afar" kinda craft as close up it is not as neat and tidy as I would have liked. I love the cuteness factor of Nick's nose and mouth!


xo,
Meg 

No comments:

Post a Comment