Friday, October 26, 2012

Take your kid to work (every) day

This week I was offered a spot in the daycare at my school. It is also an Owl daycare (same daycare Nicholas is already in) just a different location. It's a bit newer and it's in the same building as me.

Dan was all for it but he knew I needed to fully decide. So I made a pros and cons list:

Pros:
  1. I get to drive to ONE place. 
  2. I can go and check in with him whenever I like.
  3. The facility is newer than his current one.
  4. We will save money because he will be going into a toddler room a few months early rather than staying in an infant room.

Cons:
  1. During the summer months, or if I was to take another mat leave before he starts Kindergarten, this new location is further out of my way.
  2. If I was sick and Dan needed to drive him, again it is very much out of his way.
  3. He may be a little too close for comfort given that my classroom is attached to the daycare.
  4. He would be sleeping in a cot. 
  5. If I want to go to the gym or shopping after work before picking him up, I have to leave work and then go back to work. It seems weird.
Even though the con list is technically longer than the pro list, we still went for it. The pros are so important: saving money AND getting to take my baby to work with me.

I tell ya... daycare dilemmas trump any stress from the newborn days!

xo,
Meg





Ps: The picture is from his pal's birthday party. Nick loves him some cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment