Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Favourites

Halloween is not my favourite thing. I like it but I don't love it. But Kindergarten kids love it so we went all out last week. We called it Halloween Extravaganza Week! We sang songs, read stories, had a school-wide costume fashion show, made witch hat treats (a cookie with icing on it and a hershey's kiss on top), made Witch brew (a mixture of pop and juice), we watched Halloween shows and made a few crafts. I didn't catch everything on camera but here are a few highlights:

Above is a craft we did with our students. Everything was prepped ahead of time by one of the ECEs (hollowing the paper plates, cutting yarn, and hole-punching the perimeter of the plate.) The kids weaved the yarn across the plate and could do as many as 3 strands. The last piece was left untied and we slid a spider ring on it and then tied it. Too cute. This was a fun activity but very hands on as many students could not tie knots. The web in the picture was done by a JK. I was mucho impressed!

This was a treat brought in by a student. His mom is a stay-at-home mom...can you tell? The cookie had the consistency of gingerbread but was actually chocolate. It was good. Nick and I can vouch for that!

And my favourite part about Halloween was this cute guy. He was not sick this year (only a lingering cough) and he was much more outgoing at Dan's work and handing out candy than I thought he would be. What happened to my shy kid?!

Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween!

xo,
Meg




No comments:

Post a Comment