Friday, June 28, 2013

My favourite teacher gifts

I would like to state for the record that teacher gifts are not expected. I love my job. But lets face it, I just spent 10 months with 29 Kindergarten kids who shared their germs and their drama daily! Luckily they also put a smile on my face.

Here are a few of my favourites and they all are under 20 bucks.

First, a flowering plant. Cut flowers are beautiful but they die quickly. I have received mini roses before and they do really well in the garden.

Second, home made foods. These were arranged in a cute basket that can be reused for something fun. From left to right: raspberry jam, polish dill pickles and millionaire relish. 


Third, an adorable pinterest idea. I actually pinned this one myself. A green apple with an individual caramel/skor dip. Yum!


Fourth, something "teacher-ish." Like a chocolate apple from Laura Secord.



Fifth, something surprising. Sometimes this comes in the form of a gaudy candle but this year I got a purse and I like it. 

And lastly, the easiest thing to do on the planet that is honestly my favourite:




Gift cards. LCBO, Tim Horton's, Walmart and Chapters here I come!

Some hilarious gifts that I have received in past years that I don't recommend:

  • Ugly ornaments. I received one in shape of an Elvis themed juke box.
  • Expired avon products that you dug out of your drawer.
  • Dollarama fake roses
  • Crystal/Disco Jesus

xo,
Meg


1 comment: