Thursday, September 19, 2013

Colour Wheels

Who's the crazy teacher that attempts elaborate painting projects the 3rd week of school? Yep that's me!

I wanted to do a lesson on mixing colours and this is what went down:

1. Get thin paper plates. I got a pack of 36 at Dollarama. 
2. Have a cup of red, yellow and blue with many small brushes.
3. We did a group lesson on how these 3 colours are called the primary colours and then wrote out "math" equations for mixing colours. (ie. Yellow + Red = Orange.) They loved this! I did a complete wheel for them to use as a guide.
4. Let them go at it. I thought this might be too challenging for them and for a few it was but they loved it. Some turned out amazing and they are all so different!

It does require hands on in the sense that you need to remind them of what colours they are missing on their wheel and I washed brushes as we went. 

Sorry the picture is a bit blurry but you get the idea. I love them! 

xo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment