Thursday, July 5, 2012

3 Years

Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary. Dan and I don't give gifts and cards to each other but we have our own tradition. Every year we try a new restaurant. For our 1st anniversary we went to Langdon Hall in Cambridge. For our 2nd anniversary we went to Romero's Restaurant in Guelph. For this anniversary, our 3rd, we went to Verses in Kitchener. It used to be a church as you can see in the following picture. Just beautiful!




I ordered a strawberry mango martini to start off the night. It was made with locally grown strawberries. Yum!


First we ordered a bottle of red wine- Zinfandel. This was a fitting choice since it was the same grape as our wedding wine.
For an appetizer, I ordered a baby spinach salad that had red onion, roasted pumpkin seeds, prosciutto, and freeze dried strawberries in it. It was delicious!
For my main meal, I ordered Guinea hen. It came with a bacon potato pancake, squash, rapini (yuck- Dan ate them) and a red pepper relish. It was so good. Dan actually liked my meal better than his. He ordered kangaroo. I'm not kidding. 
For dessert we shared 3 scoops of ice cream. They have 8 on the menu and we chose (ok I chose) chocolate mint, vanilla and white chocolate blueberry. The chocolate mint was my favourite of course! We also topped off the meal with an espresso and a specialty coffee. I took pictures of each course but they disappeared off my phone. That's technology for you.

When the bill arrived, the waiter brought a plate with two chocolate truffles. Written in chocolate syrup were the words Happy Anniversary! The perfect end to a perfect evening!

Here we are enjoying our meal. The photo was taken with my phone as the sun was setting. So ignore the poor quality!


Happy Anniversary Dan! Can't wait to see where we go next year!

xo
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment