Monday, July 16, 2012

Teething

Nicholas just cut his 5th tooth. I didn't even notice it happening! This is unlike the first couple of teeth. When Nick got his first tooth (bottom right) he developed croup. He was literally barking like a seal. When he got his 2nd tooth (bottom left) he caught a bug and was throwing up and had diarrhea. That was rough. What I learned from our family doctor was that when babies are teething their immune systems are compromised and so they are more susceptible to illness. Cutting his top teeth was rather uneventful but they sure have helped with eating! And now he is getting one more on the top (right side of the middle two). 

I had to practically stand on my head to get these photos. You can't see the new tooth just yet as it is still small.



Many people have told me that the first two are the worst. That has been our experience. I may be singing a different tune when he is working on his molars!

xo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment