Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First taste of daycare

Nicholas went for his first day of daycare today. He went for a few hours in the morning. Although I am not heading back to work until September, getting a spot in a facility daycare is next to impossible. I had to take a July spot to ensure we got our first choice. When we first arrived, Nick was very clingy and he was literally hugging my leg. I realized that he wanted his bottle and after he chugged that, off he went to play with his new friends. I was thrilled to see that his pal, also named Nicholas, that he had met at the gym daycare, was also starting his first day today. They are destined to be life long friends. Did I mention that they are born a day apart? Too crazy! When we picked him up after lunch he almost cried he was so excited to see us. What a great feeling! He ate all of his lunch (broccoli quiche) and played well with the other kiddos. 
We'll see what day two brings tomorrow. Let's face it. This is as much for me as it is for him!

Here's a never before seen picture of our little ham that never made it onto facebook.

 xo,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. We are trying to become friends to follow your blog. We also have tried to add a picture several times and it rejects them; are they too big or what are we doing wrong.

    Great way to communicate; love the first message and the pic of Nicholas.
    Poppa & Gram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how to fix your picture but it likely is due to size. Thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan great little start to your blog, Nicholas is so cute, always smiling, glad you both had a good first day with day care. School time will be hard for me, never did daycare with my little guy, wish I would have done something to prepare us for the separation, but I think he will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I checked out your blogs too and I am definitely go to try out some recipes. Your son will do wonderfully at school. I have taught many kids that were never in daycare and they do adjust. Stay strong Mommy!

      Delete